Installing a “WeNeedSigns” wall sign.
Step by Step. “Click on image for a closer view”
Lobby logos or cut-out wall graphics are a great enhancement to your business or retail setting.
www.WeNeedSigns.com makes a wide variety of these type of signs and sell a 1/4″ thick expanded PVC wall graphic that is great looking, durable, light and very easy to install.
- Make sure the surface is clean and dry.Â If you have just painted, be sure the paint has a chance to dry for 10 days or so to be sure it is fully cured.
- Tools: You will need a ladder, level, tape measure and a pencil.
- Placement:Â Measure the center of the wall or mark where you would like the center of you wall sign.Â Mark the height of where you would like the “Bottom of the sign”.Â The bottom of the sign shouldn’t be less than 5-1/2′ from the bottom of the floor, or shouldn’t crowd the ceiling.
- Preparing the template:Â Remove the paper cover from the adhesive tabs on the back of the template.
- Placing the template:Â The template will have a center mark on the front side.Â Align the center mark of the template with the center mark you made on the wall.Â Use your level to make sure the template is not crooked. Press down gently on the adhesive tabs to make sure the template is secure and will not move.Â Step backÂ to see that the sign looks straight and is not too low or too high before sticking on the letters.
- Placing the letters:Â All the letters will come with a very high bond or “VHB” foam tape on the back of all the parts.Â Simply peel off the paper cover off the tape and gently place the letters in the template making sure the bottom of the letters are touching the bottom of the template cut-out.
- Securing the letters:Â After placing the letters on the wall, take time to look back at the graphic and make sure everything looks straight and centered. Press the letters down firmly after you are sure the letters are straight.
- If you are applying a boarder remove the paper cover off the left end of the boarder first and apply the first side then come back and remove the paper cover off the right side and apply the graphic.Â This way you will not stick down parts of the boarder until you can handle it.Â the PVC is flexible and the tape will be put on the boarder so that the process will be easy to handle.
- Remove the template:Â After all the graphics are applied on the wall and you have checked to make sure the tape is secured and well bonded, carefully remove the template from around the letters.
- The WeNeedSigns wall sign is now complete and you now have a great professional wall graphic that will last for years.